As dictated by the Ontario and Canada Public Health authorities
March 18, 2020
- Visitor access to St Jacobs Place remains restricted to only essential visitors – “essential visitors” as defined and required by the Ministry of Health and the RHRA are those screened visitors “who have a resident who is dying or very ill”.
- Any staff, volunteer, or visitor who fails any part of the screening process will not be allowed in the home and is advised to contact Telehealth 1-866-797-0000.
- Any Resident who fails any part of the screening process must be placed in isolation in the retirement community as per the RHRA.
- Residents asked to stay in their suites unless it is for meal times. People are free to go outside for walks, but to please remain at least 2 meters apart from others.
- Wash hands frequently using soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
As the Prime Minister has shared today, NOW is the time for us to take increasingly aggressive steps toward preventing the spread of this unprecedented viral outbreak. We are EACH INDIVIDUALLY ACCOUNTABLE for doing our part to make sure we stay isolated physically from others. Seniors in our community are the highest risk group for a poor prognosis and we all need to take the necessary precautions put into place.
Please cancel all visits to see other people for either social, business or medical purposes that are non-emergency. We need to keep ourselves as isolated as possible now to ensure the virus is not brought into our tiny community.